Careers in healthcare are growing at a rapid pace and will keep doing so for several more years. The growth stems from the aging Baby Boomer population who are already needing quality healthcare. Jobs for medical transcriptionists are expected to grow as well.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Popular Schools — Or Choose A State —>
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Healthcare Administration, Health Informatics, Nursing and Health Sciences Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Health and Medical Assisting Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Medical Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online bachelor's and associate level Computer Information Science programs are available.
- Experienced professionals provide hands-on instruction in subjects such as internet security, network administration, and IT support.
- Courses cover many relevant topics, including computer hardware and software, network operating systems, and more.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
The medical transcriptionist is the person who listens to recorded dictation from a doctor or other healthcare provider and transcribes it onto written medical reports that can be distributed and filed electronically. As the days get busier in the healthcare profession, doctors will resort to recording their findings on patient cases more and depend on the medical transcriptionist to record those findings both timely and accurately.
To be successful in this field, a person must first of all be well-versed in medical terminology. She must also know how to use transcribing equipment such as the foot pedal to control the playback speed and extract audio information correctly. Accuracy is of critical importance because a patient’s well-being depends on it. The medical transcriptionist has an important job indeed.
Does a career in medical transcription interest you? Dig further in this site and get all the tidbits of information that you need to prepare and find your first opportunity to be a part of this growing field. Here are some of the articles on this site that can give you just the facts you are looking for:
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
If you want to know what all is involved in a typical workday for someone in this field then this is a must-read for you. Here, you can find out about the pre-requisite skills for this job and the duties as well as a day in the life of a medical transcriptionist.
Job Benefits and Opportunities
This career attracts many because of the job benefits and the opportunities to move into other allied healthcare fields. Read about the basic benefits, some of the additional perks, and how this career can open the door to move into a different medical career field.
Become a Medical Transcriptionist
Here, the question about how to prepare for and become a medical transcriptionist is answered. The article discusses some of the educational options, making the decision whether to go independent or work for an employer, and how to actually begin your search for a position.
The Job Skills Needed
Medical transcriptionists need certain basic skills to be successful in this field. In this article you can find out about the challenges and how to make sure you have the skills to meet them. These are skills such as being able to sit for long periods, typing, research, and many more.
Get all the facts on this lucrative career field and see if it is right for you.
Image Source: BLS