Careers in healthcare are growing at a rapid pace and will keep doing so for several more years. The growth stems from the aging Baby Boomer population who are already needing quality healthcare. Jobs for medical transcriptionists are expected to grow as well.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Popular Schools — Or Choose A State —>
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor's
- Health Information Management - Associate's
- Pursue your degree at Southern New Hampshire University and see yourself succeed.
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- IMBA - Healthcare Management
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Informatics
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Billing Specialist
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate of Occupational Science
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- DIP - Medical Billing and Coding
The medical transcriptionist is the person who listens to recorded dictation from a doctor or other healthcare provider and transcribes it onto written medical reports that can be distributed and filed electronically. As the days get busier in the healthcare profession, doctors will resort to recording their findings on patient cases more and depend on the medical transcriptionist to record those findings both timely and accurately.
To be successful in this field, a person must first of all be well-versed in medical terminology. She must also know how to use transcribing equipment such as the foot pedal to control the playback speed and extract audio information correctly. Accuracy is of critical importance because a patient’s well-being depends on it. The medical transcriptionist has an important job indeed.
Does a career in medical transcription interest you? Dig further in this site and get all the tidbits of information that you need to prepare and find your first opportunity to be a part of this growing field. Here are some of the articles on this site that can give you just the facts you are looking for:
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
If you want to know what all is involved in a typical workday for someone in this field then this is a must-read for you. Here, you can find out about the pre-requisite skills for this job and the duties as well as a day in the life of a medical transcriptionist.
Job Benefits and Opportunities
This career attracts many because of the job benefits and the opportunities to move into other allied healthcare fields. Read about the basic benefits, some of the additional perks, and how this career can open the door to move into a different medical career field.
Become a Medical Transcriptionist
Here, the question about how to prepare for and become a medical transcriptionist is answered. The article discusses some of the educational options, making the decision whether to go independent or work for an employer, and how to actually begin your search for a position.
The Job Skills Needed
Medical transcriptionists need certain basic skills to be successful in this field. In this article you can find out about the challenges and how to make sure you have the skills to meet them. These are skills such as being able to sit for long periods, typing, research, and many more.
Get all the facts on this lucrative career field and see if it is right for you.
Image Source: BLS